<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, April 20, 2004

A light blog

Since I am going on vacation Thursday, I am going to go easy today and tomorrow, talking about any little bit of piffle I feel like. Today, it's about my beloved Patriots.


I have supported this team since I was a kid in the late 70s. I have suffered through numerous 1-15, 2-14 and 5-11 seasons. Finally, they are a dominant team, with two Super Bowl rings in three years. And just when it can't get better, it does.


They have traded for Bengals' RB Corey Dillon. He has gained over 1,000 yards per season in 6 of 7 years. He can cut it outside or pound the middle of the line. He is an elite back, and all it cost the Pats was one of two second-round picks in the 2004 draft. This is a unbelievably good trade for the Pats, and it makes them front runners for a third title this year. I may suffer with the Red Sox, but the Patriots always pick me back up.


If this is all they got...

Okay, one political comment. Bush is widening his lead on Kerry. After a stretch where 99 American soldiers died, where Bush held a disasterous news conference and an equally disasterous appearance on Face the Nation, Kerry actually lost ground on Bush. How is that possible? I'll tell you how. Because as weak a candidate as Bush is, Kerry is even worse. I am not too fond of either of these yahoos. I support Bush in Iraq, although he sometimes seems to have no freaking clue what he is doing there. But this guy is a lightweight, definitely not in the league of a Reagan, Truman or either Roosevelt.


And the Democrats can't scrape up one guy to beat him! Let me amend that: they do have two guys who can beat him. Lieberman and Edwards. And as typical democrats, they completely screwed up and jettisoned both those guys. Lieberman took away Bush's call to morality, beat him on it even. Edwards has Bush's folksy charm and doesn't mangle the English language in using it. Either of these candidates would have given Bush fits. So, of course, the Democrats pick a Massachusetts senator who has a history of flip-flopping and a sterling liberal voting record. Real smooth, guys. The entire DNC leadership should just douse themselves with gasoline and light a match, because that'll do more good for their party than they are doing now.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com