<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

What, Bentsen wasn't available?

John Edwards, huh? This feels more and more like a replay of 1988. Though I can imagine a different VP debate:

Edwards: Mr. Vice-President, you're no Jack Kennedy.


Cheney: F*** you, Edwards.


I'd pay good money to see that.


In all seriousness, I don't think this makes a big difference. He won't deliver N. Carolina, and while he'll probably outshine Cheney, people really don't vote based on a vice-president. Personally, I think he is more telegenic and outgoing than Kerry. Which isn't good for Kerry.


Nevertheless, in the interest of gridlock and throwing out the theo-conservatives (thank you Mr. Andrew Sullivan), I'll still probably hold my nose and vote for the stiff and the ambulance chaser.


Which says something about the state of American politics: these four bozos are the best the two-party system has to offer. Jesus wept.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com