<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Take the pledge

Okay folks, it's Election Day. And no matter the insanity that follows, one of these two guys will be President. And then we have a choice. We can either continue the "He's not MY President" vibe and further rend this country apart, or we can choose to be civilized in our opposition.


To that end, Andrew Sullivan has listed a pledge I think all bloggers would do well to follow:


After the election results are in, I promise to:

- Support the President, even if I didn't vote for him

- Criticize the President, even if I did vote for him.

- Uphold standards of civilized discourse in blogs and in media while pushing both to be better

- Unite as a nation, putting country over party, even as we work together to make America better.

For me, this means I promise not to call whoever is President a "knob" or a "popsicle stick." However, I reserve the right to use "idiot" and "fool" if their actions warrant that descriptor.


So, on the eve of what will undoubtedly be a chaotic election, let's try to be civilized in our opposition to whoever is appointed to the Presidency by the Supreme Court this year, okay?

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com