<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, February 18, 2005

Fair is Fair

Lest anyone think I am biased, I also want to point out my pleasure in seeing Eason Jordan get booted from CNN. After making those insane claims at Davos, it's only proper he reaps the fallout. (If you have been under a rock for the past month, just Google "Easongate" and you'll get all the details.)


Of course, anyone with a shred of integrity would rightfully decry both the Jordan and Gannon incidents as examples of what is not supposed to happen in the media.


But when I go over to Michelle Malkin, I see no mention of Jeff Gannon, while Eason gets mega-press. Over at Powerline, the whole thing is dismissed as a non-issue, while Eason is hammered into the ground.


And lest you think it's only one way, it isn't. Over at AMERICAblog, it's all Gannon, all the time. Jordan? Not a peep. DailyKos is all over the Gannon story, but I couldn't find a single mention of Eason Jordan.


News is news. Both these situations were wrong. Both these situations deserve to be talked about. And yet the blogosphere is picking and choosing its stories based on - gosh! - ideology. Exactly what both sides accuse the MSM of engaging in.


The only two guys I have read who actually approach a level of even-handedness are Mickey Kaus and Andrew Sullivan. I must admit a certain level of disappointment in the rest.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com