<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, July 01, 2005

Not Racist?
In case you've missed it, Mexico has released a series of stamps showing a lovable cartoon character beloved in the nation. His name? Memin Pinguin. His appearance?






Wow. Now, I am rather anti-PC. I see a lot of it as cry-baby antics. But this stamp is so over-the-top racist as to beggar the imagination.


Oh, never mind. According to Vincente Fox, President of Mexico, I don't have the information I need to make this judgement. The inflated lips and the Aunt Jemima mother in the background aren't brutal stereotypes. I'm just ignorant of Mexican culture. Shame on me!!


Fair enough. So, in the interest of expressing our American culture, I'd like to re-introduce a classic icon. He's a little wild, and a dangerous gun-slinging chip pitcher. Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you this...






Yes, it's the Frito Bandito!! I implore the Postal Service to immediately put a one-sheet into circulation showing the lovable Bandito in all his corn-chip glory. We need more Frito Bandito!!


And if Vincente has a problem with that? I guess he just doesn't have enough information to make that judgement.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com